Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I was talking to a friend a little while ago that was asking about the whole book writing journey. There is a lot of good information out there. I have learned that writing the story is the easiest part. Wow, how many times did I have writers block? Quite a few. Whenever you get stuck walk away from your story, dont burn yourself out. For me ideas would always come when I would go and get acupuncture. Funny how that works. When writing, try not to do what my editor calls an info dump! It seems I was famous for that one. Gee do I talk that way too!
The cover for your book is VERY IMPORTANT! So make sure you hire a good company to do your cover. Have a catchy title and good artwork! Streetlight Graphics is a great company, they are very professional. Great people to work with.
When you are done with your book Streetlight will format it for you too! You will want to put it out on Smashwords, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble. Do E-book and print. These days tons of people are doing Kindle and Nook. Make sure you do your research.
I am free to answer questions about writing.
Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment